Search This Blog

Saturday, June 6, 2009

5.Who is you favorite/least character in village by the sea? State your reasons.

So who do you think is my favorite character or least favorite character?

My favorite character is Hari.
My least favorite character is Hari’s father.
Managed to guess correctly? If yes, congratulation. If not, try harder next time.

Okay, allow me to elaborate.

Favorite character - The reason why I like Hari is because I can feel that he is a guy, a brave child who faces the fact, who knows how to think maturely. He accepted the fate of his- living in dysfunctional family. He worked hard for his family, to support his two other sis and his mother, most importantly, to clear his wastrel dad debts. I think if it was others, they will just keep blaming the god, blame the god for giving them such a bad life. But Hari did not really blame people, instead, he think of ways to earn more money for the family, thinking of ways to make his family get out of the state of poverty.

Least favorite character- The reason the father is the least favorite character to me is because he only get himself drunk daily, get himself into debts instead of doing what he should do- taking up the responsibility of a husband, a father , work for the family and take care of the family. This results in Lila and Hira to take up their parent’s role as their mother was too sick to work. Naturally, I treat this character the least favorite character in village by the sea because he is a person who does not have a sense of responsibility and a good for nothing person.

Feel free to comment if you disagree or agree with me. Anyway, thank you for reading and I will appreciate a lot if you could leave your valuable comment. Thanks!

No comments: