Search This Blog

Saturday, June 6, 2009

4. Which part of village by the sea do you like best? State your reasons.

For me, I like the part when pinto’s death took place in the story. This happened due to the father’s debt. I like this part because I find it rather saddening and touching. Allow me to introduce you the character’s character at that point first.

Father – He was a good-for-nothing drunkard who got himself into debts and had to rely on his children to pay off for him.

Mother – Down with serious illness.

Hari and Lila – Childrens of the father and mother, who work very hard to support the family.

The reason why I like this part the most is because it really touched me and I find it rather saddening. An innocent life is lost due to a wastrel who only get himself drunk daily and get himself into debts. The dog is innocent, but in the end, it lost its life. After all, it still have a life. It should be treated equally. Instead, it was killed by the debt collector. If the father wasn’t a drunkard, if the father will pick himself and work, if the father doesn’t get himself into debts, the dog would not die.

This really saddens me and make me feel touched.

Feel free to comment if you disagree or agree with me. Anyway, thank you for reading and I will appreciate a lot if you could leave your valuable comment. Thanks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In my opinion, I agree that this part is really sad, but I don't know why you do you like it so much.