Search This Blog

Saturday, June 6, 2009

3.I rather be the city rat than the country rat. Comment

Firstly, I will like to say I disagree with the sentence.

Let me introduce you the meaning of this sentence first. I think that city rat refer to the people that are living in the city, where the technology are advanced, with better facilities.(e.g. Big buildings, better health care). In the opposite, I think that country rat is people who live in villages, towns, normally located at the border of the country, where technology are not advanced and experiencing slower lives.

As you know, the world is developing with advanced technology. These often takes place in the city of the country, thus, they will have more knowledge of the latest technology as compared to those that live at the border of the country. But those that mean that those that people that are living in the city have a better life?

Since I disagree with the sentence, I will voice out my opinion. I know it may or may not sound logical, but it still what I think after all. Even though city rat will have more knowledge, but they will have to work very hard to survive in the highly competitive place. This will cause a lot of stress and may make one lose the meaning living in this world.

Based on my experience- I have a grandmother living in a small ‘village’ in Malaysia. I often go back and visit her. If time allows, me and my family will stay for a period. As compared to Singapore (a developed country with quite advanced country), the live there are much more slower. The people there might not be able as knowledgeable as me, but I think that they do not have to face as my stress as me. And I find that their lives are rather relaxing. This is my point of view. I know some of you might not agree to what I say, but different people have different view.

Feel free to comment if you disagree or agree with me. Anyway, thank you for reading and I will appreciate a lot if you could leave your valuable comment. Thanks!

2 comments:

Chan Sheng Yao said...

I have the opinion with you that i disagree with this sentence.

You do have some wrong words used but it is not significant.

However, when u mention that village town usually are located at the side of the country , i disagree with you , take a look at our neighbouring country , Malaysia. Penang is located at the side of the country , but it is very much a city because they are high rise buildings , transport, (advanced technology).

I agree with you that in such a competitive society , we must have high standard for us to live. This in turn lead to stress . For example , people suffering from mental disorder due to intense stress.

I myself also stayed in the village , thus , i agree with you that it is more relaxing to live in country than in city.

Overall , i agree with you to a large extent . Do take note of the word choice and i hope more evidence could be provided

Joelng said...

Nice post. I like it when you post about your experience when visting your grandmother in Malaysia and I agree with you with most of your points. Just keep an eye for your grammar