Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

IT Home Learning T1W9 2010



Multiple Intelligences

As you can see from my learning profile, I am a person with high Kinesthetic, Linguistic, Logical, Intrapersonal and Visual/Spatial. Well, I am so proud of myself! Okay, that was meant to be a joke. So by taking the multiple intelligence test, I learnt more about myself. Well, I shall not explain all but rather 2 or 3, and I will relate to myself. And YOU, as an audience, I have an important task for you. Which is… help me to find out if the test is accurate and see if I have misinterpret the meaning.

I join water polo as my Co-Curriculum Activity in Hwa Chong. I am an average player in my team. I can define the word ‘average’, but if you want to know, you are most welcome to see us training at Hwa Chong Poolside. Well, I believe that a water polo player should have high Kinesthetic as we need a lot of energy to play a full game of 24 minutes It is very tiring, especially when one have swim up and down the pool. Thus I can say that we are active, but we will not get tired easily. Of course! Kinesthetic does not just refer to sports. It also refers to our work, to our studies, able to think smartly for long without getting tired is also another form of being a person with high kinesthetic. And I think I am weak at this point. This explains why I am unable to score higher than just 20 points.

Intrapersonal- I know myself well. I know what I want. I know what my target is. I know myself best than anyone. I guess you must be thinking ‘of course I know myself best, because I control my own thinking’. Well, I feel that being Intrapersonal means that one knows clearly how he or she wants to walk his life. Many times, people get loss or change his path very easily. This is because the influence of the surrounding, which includes the situation that happen and the people around one. But a person who has high Intrapersonal, knows himself the best, and will want not change his aim of life so easily. A person who has high Intrapersonal always has a target in mind, and will never get loss. As a student, I think I can say that I am sure enough of my education path, and I know what I want. I want to go to finish my studies in Hwa Chong Institution and I want to complete my studies with at least a degree in NUS. But I have only rough ideas of what I want to be in the future. Thus, I think it explains why I only score 20 but not higher.

I think its enough of myself, right? You must be getting really bored. But well, so how do you find the multiple test? Is it reliable and accurate? Feel free to tell me by dropping a comment.

Well, I feel that some questions are not clearly stated, but I still manage to get the gist of what it is trying to ask. I feel that this test is not that accurate for me. I feel that for other areas, its quite accurate but for vitual or spatial learner, i feel that i am not because i cannot draw very well. I can remeber photos or image quite well, but not to the extend of getting a 20 points for that area. Well, i did answer the question trufully, but maybe because i might misinterpreted the question. However, I will still recommend this test to people who does not know their strengths and weaknesses. This will help them by knowing themselves more.

If you wish to try out, please go to
http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks3/ict/multiple_int/questions/choose_lang.cfm
It’s free and no harm trying out !

No comments: